People in the Houston area badly need help to recover from Hurricane Harvey. Here are some ways you can help.
1. PRAY for God's comfort, provision, and strength during this disaster.
• Texas Baptist Men's Disaster Relief. Brookhaven Church supports this group and they are deeply involved in this even and we are sending some of our members next week into the impact zone. To give directly, go to http://www.texasbaptistmen.org/Give-Now and designate the gift to Hurricane Harvey Disaster, or text HurricaneHarvey to 73256 and click the link that is sent back to you.
• Samaritan's Purse is another great organization we support and you can donate directly via their ministry at https://www.samaritanspurse.org/donation-items/hurricane-harvey-relief/
• Brookhaven Church Missions - give online at https://pushpay.com/pay/brookhavenchurch and specify "Hurricane Harvey" in the Memo.
• Supplies - many supplies are sold out in the affected area. A list of what is needed follows:
Bottled water • Non-perishable food • Baby formula • Diapers • Moist wipes for bathing • Hygiene products (oral care, deodorant, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, etc.) • Pet supplies (dog and cat food, cat litter) • Cleaning supplies (mops, bleach, sponges, garden sprayers. disinfectant wipes) • Utility knives • Rags • First Aid Supplies
You can drop supplies at Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church, 1015 Sam Rayburn Tollway, Allen, TX 75013 during office hours or bring them to Brookhaven Church, Sundays 9:30 a.m. - Noon, W-F, 9a-5p.
There is a significant need for immediate help in cleaning up homes in the affected area. In addition, there will be long term needs for months to come. If you are able to go, contact Chris Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 469-682-1571 and he can put you in touch with people on the ground who can coordinate your efforts.