How many hours can you spend in a pool? This past weekend I think my daughter was in water almost every moment she was awake! Eventually, we need a break from the water and the SUN! Here are a few ideas of ways to have fun OUT OF THE SUN!
1. Write down the words to The Lord's Prayer (or any verses you want to memorize) and cut the words apart into small phrases. Read it several times then mix up the words and have your child put them in order. To make it even more fun- hide the pieces all over the house and have them find them and put the verse/verses back together.
2. Make paper airplanes and race them!
3. Make homemade ice cream. Here's an easy recipe.
1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 6 tablespoons of salt
Put milk, vanilla and sugar into a pint or quart sized freezer bag. Seal well (double bag) Fill a large gallon sized freezer bag with ice and add the salt (rock salt works great). Put the smaller bag into the larger bag and seal. Hold bag from the top so it won't open while you shake.. The bag gets very cold so you might need a towel to hold it. Shake and mix until the ice cream thickens, about 10 minutes.
4. Plan dinner with your child. Tell them about food groups and let them pick things from each group to make a balanced meal. Even if the combination isn't something you would put together- go with it! They will be so proud they planned dinner!
5. Have a watermelon seed spitting contest!
6. Playing store is a really fun way to practice money math!
7. Find a worship song or hymn and let your child come up with moves to go with the words! Talk to them about how much God loves to see and hear us worship Him.
8. Make a family tree.
9. Try out some face paints!
10. Pull out a bunch of clothes and accessories -ties, necklaces, shoes, hats... and play dress up! Name a character and see what your child puts together for a costume!